Are you looking for an opportunity with a cutting-edge software company?
We are seeking a Hardware Integration Engineer to join the NASCENT Team!
Hardware Integration Engineer Qualifications
- Four-year degree in electrical or computer engineering field.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a computer electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering environment.
- Hardware: Designing, constructing, installing large computer networks, custom computer systems, embedded systems.
- Microsoft Office
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and design applications.
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Quickly adapting to changing environments, products, and technologies.
- Must have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Team oriented.
- Mentoring and leadership skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Strong electrical, computer systems background.
Hardware Integration Engineer Responsibilities
- Evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensure final solutions meet organizational needs.
- Research and development, proof of concept, understanding low level hardware drivers and operating systems for integration.
- Develop and implement hardware solutions by testing and validating compatibility for a designed solution.
- Work on electrical devices such as: barcode scanners, imagers, cameras, single board computers, printers, RFID Readers, gate arms etc.
- Create, modify, assemble, and test electrical designs, electronic systems and prototype designs. Perform this in accordance to engineering data, specifications and electrical principles (eg. hand tools, measuring instruments and bench test equipment).
- Perform extensive research and product evaluation testing during the design phase of product development. This includes review and analysis of software requirements/functional/system design specifications and software design documents for testability as well as to develop and document requirements for test automation software.
- Develop and manage prototype build and compile bill of materials.
- Program and run computer applications to test hardware solutions during the design / development phase.
- Other duties as assigned.
A generous compensation/benefits package is offered that includes
- Comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and vision from day one
- Company paid short/long term disability and basic life
- Voluntary short/long term disability and life
- Voluntary critical and accidental insurance
- 401k traditional/ROTH with employer matching
- Positive work environment/culture
- Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
NASCENT has always been an innovator. Since ushering automation into gate systems in 1996, we have been early adopters and, in some cases, the sole integrators and developers of many leading-edge technologies and concepts. We work tirelessly to leverage such technology within gate automation.