Are you looking for an opportunity with a cutting-edge software company?
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join the NASCENT Team!
The Business Analyst is an integral member of one or more agile teams in the software department. They are responsible for working with product owners, internal and external stakeholders to refine items in the backlog to be consumed by the software development/QA testing teams. The Business Analyst is challenged to contribute to the design and presentation of software solutions created at NASCENT.
NASCENT Core Values and Behaviors: ownership, positive attitude and people oriented.
- Communicate with external/internal stakeholders to determine the objective of software solutions
- Collaborate with customers, developers, engineers, QA testing teams to design and document solutions
- Provide guidance to team on suggested creative solutions to complete delivery based on defined requirements.
- Facilitate backlog grooming sessions and explain backlog items to team for story point estimations.
- Present proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Create and update documentation to help troubleshoot systems
- Responsible for refining backlog items for grooming sessions and updating user stories with feedback
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for designated products
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Skills & Knowledge
- 2+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst or similar work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Preferably in Computer Science, Business, or Information Systems)
- Strong ability to explain and document the architecture of a system using standard documents (Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), Process Flows, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Mockups, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt and pay close attention to detail
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Professional oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Skills in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Technical Writing experience
- Experience in sales
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL (TSQL) and ability to perform simple select queries
- Experience with Atlassian products including JIRA and Confluence or similar tools (Azure DevOps, TFS, etc.)
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Team oriented
- Presentation skills
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to sit and use computer and phone equipment for long periods
- Must handle customer service situations gracefully.
- Flexible with working onsite or remote as needed for projects/implementation.
- Occasional travel may be required 5%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.